[AT] Need advice on 3pt Tractor

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 15 15:09:06 PDT 2007

My Landpride blade came with things that look like upside down mushrooms that can be set behind the blade for depth control.  It was a lot cheaper than a tail wheel, but not as good.  However, I can turn the blade around and push backwards with them in place.  They work good for pushing snow without getting as much gravel.  It is handy to put one on and leave the other off when grading gravel off the sholders back onto the road.

I know it's not antique, but I acquired a Kubota L3130 for something that we could haul to worksites.  The MFWD and front end loader helps.  What you can't get with a blade, you can with the loader.  (It had a Bush Hog brand loader, looks heaver than the Kubota brand)

A local Same dealer had a new crawler w/ 3 pt. a few years ago.  New Holland also has them in their glossies, but I've never seen one locally.  The Same dealer is HIGH DOLLAR on everything he has, so I don't know what a reasonable price might have been.  I asked because it had a blade, I think was about 70 hp, and would be a good bush hog tractor on my thorn tree farm.  He had Hurliman (sp?) tractors also, one had something like 30 fwd speeds at about $1000 each...

Len Rugen