[AT] O.T. Earthlink DSL and Earthlink True Voice Unlimitedp

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Tue Aug 7 10:07:48 PDT 2007

Since the early 90's I've had 2 tel lines, and dialup internet service.

Just as of last month, embarq DSL came to my area.

( I had 2 phone lines thru embarq, and long distance thru AT&T, and dialup
thru AT&T )

I dropped 1 phone line, and my AT&T dial up and long distance... that saved
5$/month on each long distance plan, plus the 24$ tel line.. plus the 15$
dialup.. I then added DSL from embarq to my remaining phone line.. net cost
will also nearly be a wash.. might be as much as 5$ +/-  either way a good
tradeoff.  I've had the DSl for a month now.. and it is great.. I bought the
1.5mb service... had no issues that a call to tech support didn't clear up.
The regualt parts are free.. IE.. the modem and a few tel line filters.  I
upgraded for about 99$ and got the modem that had wireless built in.. so now
my laptop can getonline anywhere in the house..a s well as my wife's laptop.
My destop is plugged right into the modem, and my wifes office PC across the
house.. which has no network cable to it.. also can get on because that
upgrade kit had 1 wireless USB adapter with it.

All in all instalation was easy.. and the only issue I had was getting my
email client to work over the dsl connection.. was nothing more than setting
a few parameters different..

I think you will like it..

Soundguy