[Farmall] Some ads from the 9/4 Lancaster Farming

Matthew Gray pudding at puddingsworld.com
Tue Aug 7 07:04:47 PDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Sloane" <mikesloane at verizon.net>
Sent: Saturday, August 04, 2007 10:52 PM
Subject: Re: [Farmall] Some ads from the 9/4 Lancaster Farming

> Matthew Gray wrote:
>> lol........your a month ahead of your self
> Sorry about that - we lost power AND telephone for 13 hours due to a
> lightning storm, and I was hurrying to catch up on stuff and get the
> Saturday listing out before all the "good stuff" was gone. I won't let
> it happen again.

lol......don't worry me about the date, i was just poking fun, tell ya the
truth we write the day and month around the other way down here, i think its
because we upside a lot...........new zealand is on the bottom of the world

>>>IH TD9 Crawler, good cond., has pto lights one remote Perkins engine 90+
>>>hp, $4,000. OBO. Lancaster Co. 717-656-9660.
>>

>> is that common?
> The Perkins? Probably not as rare as one might think - people will stick
> any engine that fits into a machine, although I am not sure that a TD9
> benefits all that much from having 90 hp.
>>

>>>IH Scout II 1980 diesel 4x4 stick shift, bad motor, good title, $1,200.
>>>Mercer Co., NJ 609-273-4763.
>>

>> .........whats a title
> Title is the same as the certificate of ownership, in most states, and
> allows you to obtain a registration and license plates. Without the
> title, you can't put the vehicle on the road (or it is extremely
> difficult). The titles for lots of old "farm use only" trucks used for
> plowing snow and other chores got lost over the years. In NJ, it used to
> be that you needed a title for a tractor if you wanted to get plates to
> operate the tractor on the road (I was given one for the 1946 Ford 2N I
> bought), but that requirement no longer exists. If you question was
> humorous, sorry for the serious reply.

thanks for the reply, clears it up, i was wondering if it may have been
welding certifications for a diesel conversion or something like

thanks for the adverts, makes good sunday reading here

matthew