[Farmall] Some ads from the 9/4 Lancaster Farming

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sun Aug 5 03:52:08 PDT 2007

Matthew Gray wrote:
> lol........your a month ahead of your self
Sorry about that - we lost power AND telephone for 13 hours due to a
lightning storm, and I was hurrying to catch up on stuff and get the
Saturday listing out before all the "good stuff" was gone. I won't let
it happen again.

>>IH TD9 Crawler, good cond., has pto lights one remote Perkins engine 90+
>>hp, $4,000. OBO. Lancaster Co. 717-656-9660.
>

> is that common?
The Perkins? Probably not as rare as one might think - people will stick
any engine that fits into a machine, although I am not sure that a TD9
benefits all that much from having 90 hp.

>>IH Scout II 1980 diesel 4x4 stick shift, bad motor, good title, $1,200.
>>Mercer Co., NJ 609-273-4763.
>

> .........whats a title
Title is the same as the certificate of ownership, in most states, and
allows you to obtain a registration and license plates. Without the
title, you can't put the vehicle on the road (or it is extremely
difficult). The titles for lots of old "farm use only" trucks used for
plowing snow and other chores got lost over the years. In NJ, it used to
be that you needed a title for a tractor if you wanted to get plates to
operate the tractor on the road (I was given one for the 1946 Ford 2N I
bought), but that requirement no longer exists. If you question was
humorous, sorry for the serious reply.

Mike