[AT] fuel Fitting identification

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Thu Aug 2 19:25:55 PDT 2007

    My Case parts book identifies them as Imperial Brass tube and sleeve
connectors.

    The clearance seems about right. To assemble them, you insert the rubber
sleeve in the nut and start the nut on the male fitting. You then insert the
tube through the rubbe sleeve and snug the nut down (not too tight). This
compresses the rubber sleeve around the tube for a fuel tight seal. These
are only used on the low pressure side of the fuel system.

    These sleeves are available from diesel service shops at a much lower
cost than the manufacturer.

                        Gene