[Farmall] O/T tool question

Paul Sigmund pwsigmund at verizon.net
Wed Aug 1 18:16:41 PDT 2007

Make your own.  I've installed crown molding in a couple of the rooms in my
house, and needed an accurate corner-to-corner measurement at the ceiling.
I made my own gauge by ripping out two lengths of 1x2, each long enough so
they overlap when extended to the opposite points you wish to measure.  Then
just mark the overlap position with a pencil, take them down, lay them on
the floor, realign the mark, and measure with a tape.  I angled the ends
with a 45 miter to minimize contact error.  You can custom make any size you
need.