[AT] Man dies after his tractor overturns and lands on him

Ed Stewart edstewart1 at verizon.net
Wed Aug 1 16:41:53 PDT 2007

Twice the same day!
DuBois Courier Express
Dubois, Pennsylvania. 15801

Area farmer killed in accident
08/01/2007

CLEARFIELD, PA. - An area farmer was killed Tuesday when his tractor
rolled on top of him.
David Esch, 65, 428 Municipal Road, Millersburg, died when his
Minneapolis Moline farm tractor rolled on Route 428 in Jordan Township
at 1:45 p.m., Clearfield-based state police said.
Esch was driving from one part of his property to another, when for an
unknown reason, his tractor entered the berm of the road and hit a small
tree. The tractor then rolled over an embankment on the berm, pinning
Esch underneath it.
Esch was pronounced dead at the scene by Clearfield County Coroner Joel
Heath.
Police said Esch had a medical condition which caused him to black out
and believe that condition may have been a contributing factor to the
accident.