[Farmall] Mystery IH tractor - 340 Industrial

Jim Becker jim.becker at verizon.net
Wed Apr 4 15:56:37 PDT 2007

I have a brochure from 1966 "Power Package Units and Parts".  It promotes
OEM sales of partial tractors (basicly tractors without wheels and axles)
for use in building special equipment.  It is newer than the 340 but
includes the 2424 (Industrial version of 424. which used C-146 or BD-154).
It is fairly comparable to a 340.  The description of the 2424 includes:
"Gas; 47 bare hp, Diesel; 43.5 hp.  Both with 36 pto hp and 31 drawbar hp."
It also lists the Cub:  "13 bare hp, 10.9 belt hp, 9.9 drawbar hp."

So comparing all that to the 47 hp listed in the 340 Industrial brochure, it
matches up as flywheel hp.

Jim Becker        jim.becker at verizon.net