[AT] New little tractor info??? JD LA130

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Mon Apr 30 19:29:29 PDT 2007

  Who makes the John Deere LA130 lawn tractor?
   I see that the Huskvarna (sp?) lawn tractor is an MTD like Cub Cadet and
Troy-bilt and... and... and...   ;-)
   Is the Deere LA130 Poulan (Electrolux) made?

   I am replacing my first Yardman (MTD) which is a 20 HP 42" and has been
in pretty heavy use for 3 years and trouble free except wearing out engine
to deck belts and about 4 sets of blades. It still runs perfect and doesn't
burn a drop of oil. We bought a second Yardman last fall. It is a 22 HP
with a 46" deck.
   I was looking at a Poulan (Electrolux) at Rural King that was a 23 HP
with a 54" deck but I thought that the Deere might resell better in a couple
of years. Also the 54" deck might be a little tight in some areas we mow. I
have the Yanmar 1500 diesel with a woods 60" deck for big open areas.
   Does anyone know of a good place to get a top (input) shaft bearing for
the transmission of a Bolens Articulator? Has anyone ever replaced one? I
don't believe it is supposed to wobble like a joystick...   ;-)   That old
bolens is otherwise in good shape. It was my mothers mower and while it like
most mowers had a few short comings it does the smoothest job of mowing of
any mower I have ever used. One of them would cut golf course greens.  :-)

--
"farmer"

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana, USA