[AT] New little tractor info??? JD LA130

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Mon Apr 30 21:02:30 PDT 2007

Farmer,

As far as I know JD makes all their own garden/lawn tractors in Horricon,
Wisconsin. JD is also making lower end stuff for the chain hardware/lumber
stores as well. But as I recall the John Deere name is on all of it. I'm not
aware, but it is entirely possible, they may be private labeling some for
others but haven't heard of it. Don't follow the modern stuff very much.

PS:  I would not recommend any of the new homeowner line from JD unless you
get above $5,000 or more new. Like all companies JD has had to build/design
a product to meet the competition at certain price points. The lower end of
the line just isn't hefty enough to do the kind of yards we have to deal
with. In my experience I have had much better luck buying a few year old
used upper end JD product rather than buy the lower end new. I've been
running a JD 425 here for several years that I bought used for less than
half price new.  If you can find a well taken care one of these I would
recommend it highly. It is almost bulletproof. It has  a PTO driven 48" deck
with much heavier steel. Lower end decks are made from much lighter steel.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

"He who makes decisions in haste repents at his leisure."

www.deerelegacy.com