[AT] OT cordless drills & batteries

Howard Weeks weeksh at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 30 16:15:01 PDT 2007

Some of the battery chargers will not attempt to charge a battery if
the battery voltage has gone completely to zero.  I have a Makita
drill here that has been guilty of that.  I have been able to get the
battery to charge by placing the battery across a bench power supply
pushing 200 mils or so into it for 20 - 30 minutes.  That usually
brings the terminal voltage up to several volts.  At that point, the
Makita charger is happy to go ahead and charge it.