[Steam-engine] shows

Bob Smith bobsmith5 at verizon.net
Mon Apr 30 12:33:01 PDT 2007

2rivers wrote:
> Kind of quiet lately.
> Are there any shows that only allow steel or hard rubber wheeled
> tractors? Any that are steam only?
> I get tired of seeing endless rows of green, red, and orange rubber
> tired tractors.
> Do any of you feel the same way?
> Mikechoochoo

Mike --

Its the 21st century.  The fact is that steam engines and engineers are
a dying breed and the great shows are trying desperately trying to
adjust as best they can do.  The "Medina Fiasco" and, the knee-jerk
reactions thereto, really did unrepairable damage to our cherished
hobby.  Why not enjoy the old antique tractors of a generation ago?
Some of them are very interesting.

The Central States  Threshermen's Reunion held in Pontiac Illinois only
mustered up 12 large engines the last time I was there (2-3 years ago)
and some of those are not really expected to return this year.

    Best wishes (long live live steam),

    Bob Smith