[AT] chain

Al Jones aljones at ncfreedom.net
Sat Apr 28 16:49:37 PDT 2007

Thanks!
Al

-----Original Message-----
From: at-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com
[mailto:at-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com] On Behalf Of Mark Greer
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2007 11:21 PM
To: Antique tractor email discussion group
Subject: Re: [AT] chain

I found some more info on #45 and #55 steel detachable chains. Both are
the
same pitch and run on the same sprockets. 55 appears to be a HD version
of
45 as it is made of .125" thick steel where 45 is only .105" thick. The
55
chain is also 1/16" wider than 45 which is in the width of the sidebars.
There a few other minor variations on some non-critical dimensions but
for
most applications the 55 can replace the 45 with no problems. The 45
chain
is now obsolete with all the manufacturers that I deal with at work.
Mark