[AT] Torque for bolts vrs studs in cylinder heads?

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Sat Apr 28 03:35:35 PDT 2007

This may sound a little strange but head bolts stretch and shrink with every
revolution of the engine.  That's why they need to be the same type and
strength steel as the OEM.  If you start playing around with other grades of
steel and different torque rates you'll probably start having head gasket
problems.

Charlie