[AT] Shipping Small Engines?

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Thu Apr 26 16:36:06 PDT 2007

We have a friend in Canada who we sent a Christmas gift to every year.  A
couple of years ago she sent us a letter explaining how we hadn't shipped it
properly and that it cost her more in customs fees than we paid for the
gift.  She explained how we had to ship it to avoid the customs and delivery
fees which she shouldn't have needed to pay on a gift.  We had sent the gift
by US Mail.  That apparently was a no-no.  When the gift reached the border
she had the choice of picking it up herself or paying some delivery company
to handle the customs and delivery for her.

I'm not sure of the exact details now but it was a pain in the butt.
Every year we have to pull out her letter and figure it out again.  I just
wish she would stop sending us stuff.  That way we could stop sending her
stuff.  The solution apparently is to ship it UPS.

Charlie