[AT] Add-on hydraulics and power steering?

Ivan Cousins ivancou at alltel.net
Sun Apr 22 06:07:53 PDT 2007

John , I've learned this fron the school of hard knocks . If you have a live
pto then it could be used to run power steering ,  but otherwise every time
you stomp the clutch you loose hyd 's  .    You have to consider operating
pressure of each , maybe a flow divider & releif valve .
 The big pump question , it sounds like you had a major restriction ( too
small hoses)  maybe no, or a stuck releif valve and too small a tank for the
oil.  The tank provides some cooling .
 Look over Surplus centers web site ,they have a lot of info online ,and
they have a good tech support . Another place that proved really helpfull
when the tranny went out of my dozer was Baum Hydraulics.  both are online
or you can pick up the phone .    Just a happy customer , Ivan

http://www.surpluscenter.com/techhelp.asp?UID=2007042207573135&catname=

http://www.baumhydraulics.com/Baum/