[AT] Bucyrus steam shovel

Dave Merchant nesys_com at ameritech.net
Fri Apr 20 23:27:30 PDT 2007

They show it every few months, but the odd thing is Discovery channel or
whatever
makes up various segments, and splices them together various ways to make
an hour show. They've cut out quite a bit from the Bucyrus segment this time
compared to the last time it was aired, and it was paired differently
This time it was paired with moving a 900 ton brick hospital(?) building.

Show claims it's the only 50-B left, there's at least 2 others.

The one Bill Rudicill rescued, later donated to Rollag:
http://www.nesys.org/HCEA/50B/50B.html

A 50_B out in Willits Calif
http://www.rootsofmotivepower.com/html/Collection/BucErie/BucErieEarly.html

I also believe the 50B production figures were much higher than the show says.

Dave