[AT] Separating Water from Hydraulic Oil?

william.neff.powell at comcast.net william.neff.powell at comcast.net
Fri Apr 20 05:38:26 PDT 2007

Does anyone know of a simple quick process to separate water from hydraulic oil?

I KNOW the right way to do it would be to replace the oil....

I know the water will decant out of the oil over a long period of time, I am just looking for something quicker.

Saw some solutions on the net:

"Centrifuge systems work but are expensive."

"I would recommend using a by-pass filtration unit with moisture absorbing filter elements (in an warmer enviroment). First filter the oil in reservoir, then start up the hydraulics and operate while filtering."