[AJD] JD A Head gasket question

greg at theoldtractorcompany.com greg at theoldtractorcompany.com
Wed Apr 18 20:56:05 PDT 2007

Copper Coat all the way
Greg

NOW!! CHECK YOUR PART #'S AT WWW.JOETRAKTOR.COM!

WE ARE NO LONGER ON THE JOHN DEERE PARTS LOCATOR

Greg Stephen
The Old Tractor Company
Stephen Equipment Company
PO Box 709
Franktown, CO 80116
303-663-5246
303-468-0377 FAX<<--GREAT WAY TO REACH ME!
OR INTERNET FAX 866-381-3703

On Wed Apr 18 21:04 , Chris C <jdnutinwa at yahoo.com> sent:

>Thankyou all for the responses.  I am pretty familiar with the head installation,  this one has been a tough
one.  This is the third head gasket on this tractor.  The head has been magged and machined twice,  this time
I replaced the block and had it machined as well.  I bought the other block as a 'good boreable block' many
years ago from Nampa Tractor Salvage.  I never had it checked,  so it will go to the machine shop to see if it
was any good.  The block I am putting in has been magged and bored so I hope there will be no leaks this
time..  I was just wondering what others had heard about sealant on head gaskets.  I usually paint them with
an aluminum paint.  My money is on the old block being cracked in the #2 cylinder... judging on all the water
in that cylinder..