[AT] Coughing CPR

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Wed Apr 18 18:45:29 PDT 2007

Ron,
  Talk to your doctor about Catheter Ablation for your problem. My
father had it done yesterday to correct an atrial fibrillation problem
and restore a normal rhythm. Seems to have worked. His pulse dropped
from 100+ AFib to a 70-80 normal sinus. Took him in yesterday at 11:30,
they wheeled him in at 3:15 and even though they needed to do a large
area they had him out and back in his room at 7:30.

As far as the Coughing CPR. I cannot say it will not help but like Ron
says the usual problem is that you won't really know there is a problem
until it is too late to do anything.

I will however urge EVERYONE to look into getting CPR training. Rapid
CPR and Defibrillation have saved a LOT of lives. Defibs are in a LOT of
places now and being able to use one NOW is the key to the entire thing.
Most studies show that someone who goes into cardiac arrest and gets hit
with a defib AND converts within 5-8 minutes stand a chance. That is the
good news. The bad news is that the conversion rate isn't all that high.

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York