[AT] Off topic California Highway 395 travel

Frank Vantacich rustymetal at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 18 06:34:35 PDT 2007

Gary,

  I am in Loomis, about an hour and a half west of 395, the current weather report calls for snow in the Sierra's starting Thursday morning all the way through Saturday morning. There may be chain requirements.

  Frank V.

K7jdj at aol.com wrote:
  Hello all,

I'm still in lurk mode but have a questions about Highway 395 in California.

My wife and I will be traveling to San Diego the 19th to drive my Marine
Corps son's car back to Renton, WA. He just deployed on the USS Denver. I was
thinking about taking 395 north to Reno but not sure if the weather is still
to cold for this route. Any of you California or other members have any
input? The car is a small Toyota and not snow friendly -- no chains.

Gary,
Renton, WA.

44 JD B
JD 350