[AJD] Late Styled G Rear Wheel Removal

Robert Richard robert at swcg.com
Mon Apr 16 08:29:11 PDT 2007

Heat, Heat, and more HEAT!
Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: antique-johndeere-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com
[mailto:antique-johndeere-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com] On Behalf
Of bill gray
Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2007 11:44 PM
To: antique-johndeere at lists.antique-tractor.com
Subject: [AJD] Late Styled G Rear Wheel Removal

I am trying to remove the rear wheels from a late styled G.  They are
currently mounted with the Hub/Clamp on the inside.  The right wheel is
set out far enough that I was able to get the jack bolts in the threaded
holes in the clamp and remove it with little effort.  The left wheel
however is mounted too close to the axel housing to get the jack bolts
in the threaded holes.  So far I have tried impacting the hub from the
outside through the holes provided in  the wheels, then I tried to press
the clamp off from the outside using a 12 Ton hydraulic jack between the
front end loader on a 4000 JD and a steel plate with 3/4" rods attached
against the clamp using another tractor to react the other side with no
luck then I tried heating the clamp with the same load applied.  I have
also soaked it with PB Blaster almost daily for a week before I started.

  Any suggestions?

Bill Gray
Tifton 44 Bermuda Hay Operations
In Use John Deere 4000 and  430W
Rework in Progress John Deere 430T, Styled G