[AT] The old putty knife does it again

Dean Vinson dean at vinsonfarm.net
Sat Apr 14 19:17:12 PDT 2007

One day about seven years ago I was on my way somewhere and saw a putty
knife lying in the road.  I drove past it and then thought better of it,
turned around and got out and waited for traffic to clear then picked it up.
It's a non-descript little thing, black handle, no markings, blade would
have been about an inch and a half wide except one corner of it is broken
off.  I didn't think much of it at the time, but it's been a great little
tool.  I find myself reaching for it for all sorts of things that I wouldn't
do with my "good" tools.  Today it was just the right thing to slowly peel
up and scrape off the old gasket on the rear of the transmission case of my
Farmall M, as I prepared to put the PTO housing back on.  Right width, right
degree of flexibility, right feel as I worked that old stuff off of there.
Made me glad, again, that I turned around for it.

Dean Vinson
Dayton, Ohio
www.vinsonfarm.net