[AJD] JD A piston interchange - may be answering my own question

Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 13 18:28:46 PDT 2007

Ok,  I am looking at a set of A pistons,  that are the
mid range A,  up to serial number 584,000 and they are
45 over.  The trick is,  the A I want to put them in
is after that serial number.

  So,  I read in my A books and find that the bore and
stroke are the same in the late A's,  but the piston
length was increased to up the compression,  resulting
in more power.

  I am guessing,  that if I went with the older style
A pistons in the later A,  I would probably have no
troubles at all,  but would have less compression and
power than if I used the 'correct' pistons?

                   Chris