[Farmall] Farmall Tractors

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Fri Apr 13 08:02:38 PDT 2007

These are what you could probably sell them for in the PA/NJ area,
although I suspect that would be about 10-20% higher than in the Midwest:

ebony51 at frontiernet.net wrote:

> 450 Farmall.  With hay loader on it, dual tires, and wide frontend.  I
> had it started last summer and drove it around for an hour or so.  It
> started right up.  It is gas, and it was my uncle's main tractor that
> he used year around.  It might be due for an overhaul since it did not
> seem to have the power I expected but I did not see any smoke from the
> exhaust.  Not much for paint left, usual oil leaks, but tin in good
> shape.  I would say the tires are okay.  There is no two or three
> point hitch.  A neighbor is interested in it.
A 450 with a loader (even a hay loader, which could probably be changed
over to a bucket) would probably go $2500-3000. The lack of a rear lift
would go against it around here, but some would pay that price and
figure another $700 for an aftermarket three-point to make a nice
utility tractor.

> 650 International.  This is a wheatland tractor.  It starts on gas and
> switches over to diesel.  I could not get it started on gas last
> summer, but I pulled it enough to get it warmed up to start on diesel
> and I probably ran it also for an hour.  It has power steering. Tin is
> fine, but I think one emblem is missing.  Some paint left but not
> rusty.  Tires are okay.  I suppose for the right person, this could be
> an antique pulling tractor.  It has hydraulics but no two or three
> point.
Again, not a common tractor for the coasts, but would still be worth
about $2500-3000 if someone wanted to add an aftermarket three point hitch.

> Super H Farmall.  I believe this was purchased new in 1954 by my
> grandfather when my uncle came home from the army.  I would like to
> purchase it but hesitate to set a price myself.  It needs a new
> radiator.  I think it has been overhauled at one time and bored out to
> the dimensions of a Farmall 300.  I had it running last summer but it
> needs work on the carb. Not much paint, but tin is fine and tires are
> okay.  It has hydraulics.  I am not sure if it is an early or late
> Super H.  I suppose it is possible it sat on the dealer's lot for
> awhile, but I am assuming it was purchased in 1954, it is the later
> Super H.
If it has a belly pump, it isn't worth more than about $1500 tops, but
if it has the later engine driven pump, it might get as much as $2000.
The need for a new radiator is going to hurt. I suspect that a fair
price for you, with what needs to be fixed, would be closer to $1000.

> H Farmalls.  She has several.  As near as I can tell, they are nothing
> special but all run and are working tractors.  They were largely used
> in the summer in the hayfield to mow and rake with.  Good tractors
> but, like the rest, run fine but still in their work clothes.
A running Farmall H in average condition usually goes for no more than
$1000 in this area, but they are a hard sell: too big for the hobby guy
and too old and underpowered for the real farmer. A lot of them end up
pulling wagons at garden centers and Christmas tree farms and/or hay
rides. We also see them parked with wagons along the road next to farm
stands - whether they are actually used or just parked to attract
attention to the stand is never obvious. :-)

> Farmall Super C.  This is reversed with a sweep head on the back.
> This was done fairly often with Farmall Super A's and Super C's in the
> 1950s in the Sandhills of Nebraska.  With the weight over the back
> wheels, one could push a lot of hay to the hay stacker.  This tractor
> might be a bit unusual in other parts of the country.  Now, there is
> not much loose hay stacking in the area.
I couldn't even guess - what anyone would be willing to pay for
something like that would be how much someone wanted something a little
different from the usual run of old machines. It would certainly turn a
few heads at the next show or parade if it were fixed up nicely.

Mike