[AT] List member check in /list etiquette

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Tue Apr 10 15:58:56 PDT 2007

    Charlie and All Others;

    I too have seen names this week I have forgotten about. I have been
wondering why no one is interested enough to start a conversation or a
tractor or rural link.

    Some things I have observed and I hope all see it in the light I intend
it to be.

    One offense I see is hijacked posts. It is a put down to the original
poster to change the content of the message and use the original headline to
where the original message is lost. If something new comes to mind, change
the header so others can decide whether or not to read.

    Another courtesy is responding to some who has taken the time and effort
to offer a solution. I have often responded to messages and never receive
any confirmaion the party has gotten the message. Even an answer of "I don't
know" lets the poster know his message was read.

    Most important is a difference of opinion. There may be as many opinions
are there are list members. Please disagree without being disagreeable. I
love a good debate, but I despise arguments. Let me have my say and you are
welcome to your time on the podium.

    Have a little experience today you feel good or bad about? Just pretend
you are calling your best friend to tell about cleaning the barn or running
the 8N through the fence.

    We are all aware this list is intended to bring friends tohether through
a common interest of old machinery and rural living. Let's try to keep as
close to this as we can.

    Please everyone, remember this list is hosted by one person who
sacrifices his time so we may all be friends. Respect his talents and
shortfalls. It would be a daunting task for any of us.

    I feel if we all follow these guidelines that this list will again come
back to life and again be the most popular tractor "Meetin Place".

            Very cordially and respectful

            Gene Dotson, De Graff, Ohio