[AT] List member check in Please Read

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon Apr 9 22:09:16 PDT 2007

jd2cyl wrote:
> Hi Ralph;
>
>   I have managed to accumulate a few JD's including an AR like your Uncles.
> I have been reading your posts for quite some time now and really enjoy them
> as I am an old Saskatchewanite also (town of Elbow). I see you have a
> penchant for the Cockshutt brand and I just want you to know that I like
> them too. I do have a Cockshutt 40 Deluxe with a Perkins diesel (stuck) that
> I hope to work on soon.
>
> Keep posting those pictures . I'll have to see if I can dig up some old ones
> from my teenage farming days when at about ages 12 to 17 I had the job of
> driving the old "D" pulling a Holt 20 foot combine that my Dad operated.

Eric, that would be great to see pictures of your old  D and Holt
combine. I"ve heard stories of those old pull types that required an
operator riding as well as the tractor driver.
So you've got a Perkins 40? I also have one but it was seized and froze
up when I got it. Block was cracked so I sold the engine for parts and
dropped in a Buda six diesel but never got any further with the "fixing
up". So I've got a few spare Perkins parts here that I likely won't be
needing.
I watched a fairly good Cockshutt 30 sell for $600 today at a farm
auction. A parts 30 went for another $100 and it was fairly complete and
good sheet metal.
http://inlinethumb62.webshots.com/5565/2982171090032927439S600x600Q85.jpg

Ralph in Sask.