[AT] Gear case oil: If a little is good, a lot is better?

Dudley Rupert drupert at premier1.net
Fri Apr 6 23:02:37 PDT 2007

Greg,

You bring up a good point.  When Dean Vinson said he drained an extra five
gallons - I think it was - from the M's transmission I immediately thought
of water as I had experienced that in an H.  But, the extra fluid certainly
could have been oil.

The Operators Manual I have for the Farmall H states:  "When operating
tractors on belt work with the front of the tractor higher than the rear,
the correct oil level must be maintained in the transmission.  Check and add
oil when necessary."   It would be nice if that ole M could talk and just
tell Dean the whole story.

Dudley
Snohomish, Washington where Seattle reached 77 today which is a record for
April 6th and certainly way above normal