[Farmall] Mystery IH tractor - 340 Industrial

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Wed Apr 4 08:35:07 PDT 2007

A friend of mine just picked up an International 340 Industrial tractor.
It is not a 340 Utility, as it has the cast iron grill and recessed
headlights that I found to be in the "IH Product Identification
Committee Decision No. 446". The only other piece of information I have
found to date is a sales brochure I found on eBay No. 250091872259 that
shows it having a 47 hp engine. Other than those two items, I have not
been able to find anything else about the tractor in my "library" or in
a Google search. I am guessing that IH might have dropped the 152 cui
engine from the 504 into a 340 Utility chassis, painted it yellow and
called it an Industrial tractor. It has the IH three point hitch but no
other auxiliary hydraulics. Images can be seen at:
<http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/other_machinery/kirks3405.html>

It is in pretty rough shape cosmetically, but the engine does turn over
(and he didn't pay a lot for it).

Any thoughts about the machine would be appreciated, especially an image
of one in better shape to use for a restoration guide.

Mike