[AT] Allis Chalmers/garden tractor guys

Herbert Metz metz-h.b at mindspring.com
Wed Apr 4 08:34:03 PDT 2007

Danny
Suggest you post your below message on discussion page of
allischalmers.com, include a photo if possible; would expect several
knowledgeable responses.   If you have trouble posting a photo, search
their archives near upper right of postings pages; or Phil Auten can
probably help you..
I am not knowledgeable of the Bonanza model.   I agree with your preference
of restoring this probably fairly rare model, even if you had to replace
motor and drive train with something generic (few people would know the
difference).
My wish list of AC lawn tractors includes the 720, they looked like scale
model farm tractors.  The current price for a unit in decent shape is
$3,000, and they normally sell in a couple days.  Some guy from near
Portland, IN always exhibits several at the August show, I stop by and
droll on them every year.
Herb