[AT] Gear case oil: If a little is good, a lot is better?

Dudley Rupert drupert at premier1.net
Mon Apr 2 18:19:42 PDT 2007

Dean VP,

I was thinking the same thing.  I drained the backend of a Farmall H a few
years back that had been setting for a couple of weeks and when I removed
the drain plug there must have been at least two or three gallons of "pure
water" before the lube started to drain.

If Ohio Dean's M did have water in it and if it had been running around
shortly before being drained then I imagine that the water and lube would
have sort of pseudo-mixed together resulting in a light muddy brown oily
substance.

Ohio Dean if you still have the residue you might let it sit for a few days
and then see if there is water on the bottom.

Dudley