[AT] Step one: Stop being an idiot

Thomas O. Mehrkam tomehrkam at houston.rr.com
Sat Sep 30 07:27:17 PDT 2006

I remember doing an overhaul on my 1976 F150 pickup. I has installed a
cut off switch under the dash. The switch interrupted the ckt for the
magnetic pickup in the distributer. I did this because the previous
truck was stolen.

The switch worked well. It foiled to attempted thefts.

A friend and I spent two weeks rebuilding the engine. We installed the
engine and spent two days trying to get it started. I finally remembered
the switch. &^%$$ Turned it it on and the truck started right up.

Hows that for two Electrical Engineers? We were even working for NASA.