[AT] Compression values and range

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Fri Sep 29 09:04:33 PDT 2006

Dean,
  A perfect engine should be within 10 percent on all cylinders but on  old
tractors like ours I would say you are Ok it should run good if all were at  90
lbs. My Case LA it 90 to 105 and runs strong and starts easy. A lot of them
with lower compression ratios would have 65 to 80. so you are Ok on that your
problem seems to be spark do as i said to check it from battery to spark plug
to  make sure its OK.
You can put some oil in the cylinders that are low and if they come up then
you have bad rings if not then you have a burned or not seating valve.

Walt Davies