[AT] Troubleshooting no start

CEE VILL cvee60 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 28 15:23:02 PDT 2006

Not quite so.  The change from the front distributor to the side unit came
with the new design engine in the 1949's.  A few million Ford products
between 1949 and 1953 had no starting problem.  I think I and my friends
owned about half of them, one by one.  I suspect your distributor may have
just been worn out from lots of use.  Back in those days, dealers and others
often cranked speedometers back on used cars, so unless you knew the car
since new, who knows?
Just an opinion.

Charlie V.