[AT] tractor wreck

captneb captneb at agristar.net
Mon Sep 25 05:59:50 PDT 2006

I love to tell the story about a time I stumbled into Omaha, the only place
that passes for a city in Nebraska, about rush hour.  I was only doing ten
miles an hour over the speed limit so of course everyone was impatient with
me.  One guy in a big SUV pickup was right on my tail, dodging side to side
but all four lanes headed east were jammed so he was stuck...as was I.
Finally he whipped around me, pulled even, gave me The Look, and
sped...twenty feet ahead.  He never got much more ahead of me than that
until I got off I-80.  Thing is, as he passed I could see why he was so
impatient.  He had his cart and golf clubs in the back.  See, he was in a
hurry to relax.

At this very moment I can hear cars speeding by our gate on the highway.  I
know who they all are since there are only 350 people in this town.  They
all know exactly  how long it takes them to get to their jobs, exactly what
time they need to leave to get there, and they all leave EXACTLY six minutes
too late.  Which means they all have to drive like idiots every day.  I love
it when my scanner blares with the names of these same Einsteins being
stopped yet once again.