[AT] Unknown Allis

Larry & Barb Dotson dotson at loganrec.com
Thu Sep 21 05:49:07 PDT 2006

Richard
I have a 1941 Allis B with hand brakes. Mine has the Oxbow axle. I believe
there were three versions of these. 1. Was the curved (Oxbow) version. 2.
Was a straight axle with dropped spindles to maintain the correct height. 3.
Was a straight axle without the dropped spindles. This one was used on the
IB and the Orchard version (IBO I believe). When this axle was used, the
rear reduction housings were rotated 90 degrees to effectively lower the
rear of the tractor about 10/11 inches to maintain a level attitude with the
straight front with no dropped spindles. The IB has a channel iron frame and
a shorter torque tube to give it strength. The Orchard version does not use
the channel iron frame and also uses the standard length torque tube. This
makes three different wheel base lengths for the B.

Larry Dotson