[AT] Denim Barn Frocks

Bob McNitt nysports at frontiernet.net
Tue Sep 19 16:12:57 PDT 2006

Charlie -

Thanks to you (and everyone else) for doing some investigating. There's a
bunch of barn coats (men's frocks, if you want) available but the majority
are in shades of tan, brown, etc. and most come in canvas (a few in denim).
Those old ones were just your basic blue with heavy stitching, 4-6 pockets,
brass rivets and certainly nothing fancy, but they certainly served the
purpose.

I can get along nicely with what's available today, but just for nostalgia's
sake, I thought it would be nice to wear something that served so many of
our forefathers (and foremothers) so efficiently. Heck, I might even have
started a new "yuppie farmette" fashion style. Times change, and so do
products.At least I can still buy new "old-style barn boots" to quickly slip
into when I head outdoors for a short time in the wet or snow.

Thanks everyone.

Bob in NY