[Farmall] RE: [AT] Starter motor: troubleshooting?

Robert L. Holtzer rholtzer at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 18 19:45:21 PDT 2006

The M 6 volt system is marginal.  My suggestion is to use the largest,
shortest cables possible on the most powerful battery you can find.  Run a
ground cable directly from the battery to a mounting bolt on the
starter.  If you are not too concerned about the correct police, I suggest
using a 6 volt starter solenoid in the non-ground side of the circuit,
using the original foot switch to activate the solenoid.  It makes a nice
low resistance starter system.

Bob Holtzer