[Ford-ferguson] Problem with 601 Workmaster

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Sun Sep 17 14:50:59 PDT 2006

Another thing to check.
Look in the gas tank for some crud blocking the outlet.  I had a similar
problem with a diesel and upon draining and removing the fuel tank I
found a small ball of "crud" blocking the outlet.  Older fuel tanks are
also prone to a buildup of rust, "varnish" and other junk.  If the build
up is floating in the gas it will eventually be pulled to the outlet.
Also check to be sure that the vent in the gas cap isn't clogged.  If it
is, the tank will eventually pull a vacuum and prevent the gas from
coming out. BTDT on a small boat motor <g>.  The vent issue is simple to
check and not so hard to fix.
David
NW NC