[Ford-ferguson] Problem with 601 Workmaster

Jason DeJoode jldejoode at highstream.net
Sun Sep 17 11:05:35 PDT 2006

Since the carb has been gone through, I'd look toward the electrical system.
Either the coil or the condenser. When either gets old, they don't work
properly and need to be replaced. I'd guess coil, but a condenser is cheap
too and if it hasn't had a tune up in awhile maybe now is the time.

That said, we had a ford 4000 4cyl. that would act up when it got hot and
under a heavy load while bailing(going up a big hill on a hot day with a
full wagon load). What happened there was the fuel was boiling in the fuel
line that goes between the engine and the manifold. You could actually see
the bubbles in the sediment bowl. But as soon as the load was off,
everything was normal. So I'd be surprised if this was your problem.  We
sold the tractor because of this which was a shame because it was great
otherwise.  A couple of years later the silver heat wrap tape or sleeve for
the auto racers became available. I'm sure it would have cured that problem.

Jason

Eagan, MN