[AT] Cub forklift?

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Thu Sep 14 12:13:30 PDT 2006

Amazing! While they mostly made stuff for Sears Roebuck, David Bradly
produced a lot of after market implements for all kinds of tractors,
including wide front ends and other similar things. But I have never
seen anything like that fork lift. It appears that it is designed to be
bolted to both the main front casting and the front axle, and I can
imagine that steering would have been difficult with any kind of load at
all, unless there was also a pretty big counterweight on the back. It
appears that it has its own hydraulic pump and reservoir, which is
probably a Good Thing, as it would have been hard of the little Cub
pump. Did you also get the forks? It is an interesting conversation
piece, but I wouldn't want to actually use it for any heavy lifting.
Thanks for sharing!

Mike

rdhaskell at juno.com wrote:
> Hi all.
> I recently purchased another Farmall Cub.  It came with several
> implements, one is a fork lift.  I can't imagine a Cub being much of a
> fork lift.  It is made by David Bradley.  Pictures at:
> http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=3009370&a=32300625&f=0
> Has anyone ever seen something like this?  Was it really meant to be put
> on a Cub?  Any other information or comments appreciated.
> This cub is only 12 serial numbers away from another Cub I purchased 4 or
> 5 years ago.
>

> Ron Haskell
> rdhaskell at juno.com
> Riverside, California
> USA
> http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumList?u=3009370&f=0

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
<mikesloane at verizon.net>
Website: <www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

War is so unjust and ugly that all who wage it must try to
stifle the voice of conscience within themselves.
-Leo Tolstoy, novelist and philosopher (1828-1910)