[AT] OT - Spyware problems

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Thu Sep 14 07:46:50 PDT 2006

You really don't have to do much to get and use Linux. You can get
Ubuntu Linux for free, and it installs itself with very little effort on
your part and can run pretty much like Windowz (only better). The
distribution CD comes with just about any kind of application you might
need - Email, word processor, spreadsheet, "powerpoint", Web browser,
even some games. You can run it from the CD without touching your
machine, install it as a separate partition, replace your Windoz system,
or (what I did) install it on an older machine and fool with it until I
got comfortable with it. Go to <www.ubuntu.com> for more information or
just to to <www.shipit.ununtu.com> to order one or more CDs. (it does
take a few weeks for the CDs to arrive. I have it running on an "older"
800 mhz machine that I picked up free from someone who thought it was
trashed. The only thing wrong with it was that the hard drive was
crammed with viruses and spyware. I re-formatted the drive, installed
Ubuntu, and it works fine.

Mike

  I wish I new more about Linux that people are talking

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

War is so unjust and ugly that all who wage it must try to
stifle the voice of conscience within themselves.
-Leo Tolstoy, novelist and philosopher (1828-1910)