[AT] OT Milling machine ?

william.neff.powell at comcast.net william.neff.powell at comcast.net
Mon Sep 11 04:24:28 PDT 2006

Amazing what you can find here in the US now that we seem to be de-industrializing or automating... I pretty much built out a machine shop in the last year by going to auctions... The bigger the machine the cheaper it is. Seems like the same deal with tractors... Hundreds of machines that surely cost 10s of thousands going for hundreds.... If the price goes to low the scrap dealer bids on it, what a shame....

Two good sources here in PA, Paradise Auction in Paradise PA. (Near Lancaster)  And L & B Metals in Fleetwood PA, seems like after the auction if the machine does not sell L & B ends up with it.... Must be about 10 acres of old machines and metal. All electric motors $10 per HP...

12" Harrision lathe $800.00 with oiler and pattern follower.  Index Milling machine $800.00. Surface grinder, $100.00 (They are giving them away). Small shaper $200.00, Bridgeport Mill $750.00. All I need now is a small kiln for hardening to round out the shop....

From: "Jim & Lyn Evans" <jevans at evanstoys.com>