[Farmall] Generator/regulator wiring

Gordon Williamson warbirdog at santel.net
Tue Sep 5 18:40:55 PDT 2006

Dean,  My SMTA wasn't charging either. I pulled the gen, took it to local
motor rebuilder. The armatures were worn completely through, dead short. 88
dollars later it's working like new. He has a bench tester, pull yours and
get it tested at a minimum. You think a 50 year old generator would deserve
a rebuild once in a while!

Gordo