[AT] Standards

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Tue Sep 5 07:01:03 PDT 2006

On 5 Sep 2006 at 15:04, Mattias Kessén wrote:

> I'm quite aware that swedish surprisingly enough is not even second language
> for you, boy is there some strange people in the world ;-)
>
> Mattias

	I moved this one to the "Standards" subject line because if there was ever
 an area that needed to be standardized, language is it.
	All other standards amount to nothing compared to our lack of ability to
communicate globally. If we had a true universal language and it was taught
feverishly around the globe to both children and adults we could then deal with
everything else...
	You know, Jefferson tired his best to put the US on the metric system and
if he had suceeded we wouldn't be having these problems today. We would
just be using metrics without giving it a thought.
	To bad we can not yet wrap our minds around the concept of being citizens
 of the world. Then again I only have to go 3 miles from home to find little pockets
of people that are on about the same level of the bad guys on the movie
"Deliverance"...   <(^¿^)>

--
"farmer"

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be
continually fearing you will make one."
Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)

Refurbished Shopsmith's
Good used SPT's