[AT]was Transmission oil, now systems

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Tue Sep 5 05:01:56 PDT 2006

I have a friend who is a very smart man, owns his own business and does well
but he's not very educated.  He just couldn't grasp the idea of tenths,
hundredths and thousands.   I finally got it across to him by using money.
He understood when I told him that it took 1000 pennies to equal a 10 dollar
bill so one penny is 1/1000 of ten dollars, one dime was 1/100 of ten
dollars and 1 dollar was 1/10th of ten dollars.  Then I was able to explain
to him about moving the decimal point.  It all finally clicked ..........  I
think.

Charlie