[Steam-engine] Oil Grooves/ Huber progress.

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Tue Sep 5 05:32:24 PDT 2006

Congrats, Andy...pouring babbitt can be a lot of fun and is very forgiving.
Now is possibly the time for some blueprint ink or black marker on the
babbitt inserts and main bearing journals and see if total contact is made.
Might be time to scrape.

   Please add enough shims so that the bearing cap bottoms out on the shims
first and not the bearing surface.  I just chatted with a gentleman last
night who broke a bearing cap doing the opposite...and then adjust/remove
shims for proper clearance.

  Apoligize if I insulted your intelligence!!!

Good Luck in the future,
RickinMt.