[Farmall] M carburetor seepage

Gordon Williamson warbirdog at santel.net
Sun Sep 3 06:37:26 PDT 2006

   How does the tractor run?  If it runs very well then I would make it a
point to close the fuel line valve at the strainer. Most Farmall owners
always do this at shutdown.
   You have a float valve that is not shutting off the fuel. Either the
needle is not seating  (dirty/worn) or the float is misadjusted or has a
hole in it. Start by insuring there is no hole in float, or fluid in it.
Then adjust it spot on. Then clean and reseat the needle valve. Give it a
very slight tap on needle when it is in the seat.
   I'd also drain about 1 pint of fuel into a glass jar, from the fuel line
where it connects to the carb. Let it sit a few hours and see  what is in
the bottom of the glass.

Gordo