[AT] IHC questions

Lew Best bee_keeper at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 30 19:55:19 PDT 2006

Hey gang

I got an old forklift with either a Cub or an A engine; think it’s a Cub
as it’s real small (2k capacity Yale; this engine is stock factory
installation I believe).  If this tells anything the cover for the
cartridge type oil filter is part of the cylinder head.

Anyway; it runs but seems real sluggish (like it’s timed a bit late?).
Also hafta keep the choke pulled bout half way out to keep it running &
is real cold natured; once started has to warm up a bit before giving it
ANY throttle (even if the outside temp is 100+ which is very common in
Texas summers.  Usually takes multiple restarts to get it going; had to
put brushes in the starter a coupla years ago & just had to replace them
again; wanna get it so I can just start it & have it keep running.

First off; how does it time?  Seems like I found timing marks once
before but that may have been on something else; been “just putting up
with it” for a coupla years now.  Wanna check that first then mess with
the carb.

Next; there just seems to be one adjustment needle on the carb; I plan
to take it apart & clean it so what is the initial adjustment?

Thanks!

Lew near Waco, TX