[AT] Well, I guess I didn't really want it to be easy

william.neff.powell at comcast.net william.neff.powell at comcast.net
Fri Sep 29 03:57:52 PDT 2006

I am giong to pile on with what Walt had to say... "next if all is ok then  check points they should have a small spark when  open and close then with a  screwdriver." Yes, also check the points, make sure they "do" open and close, and make sure they are clean. I always set them to about a playing card distance when they are on the upper lobe. On  Kettering ignition (http://users.mrbean.net.au/~rover/ketterin.htm systems), if their is no spark, the points are the next thing I look at....  Many times the fiber lobe follower on the points wears out due to no grease on the lobes, causing the points to stay shut, hence, no spark.... Or, before they wear completely shut they rub together and make the engine run like a toilet....  How I don't miss points and condensers on newer vehicles.....

From: DAVIESW739 at aol.com